Chevy Nova Forum banner

21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
14,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Auction just ended. I guess the "miles deep paint, beautiful custom interior and backup camera" weren't enough. Got to $15,600 and didn't meet the
reserve.

Bob

·
Registered
781 Posts
I wonder if this seller didnt see how horrid the car is and way over paid? I don't see why else youd set a reserve over dang 15 grand for this. Getting 15k for this one of a kind build lol you should be making out very well

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
781 Posts
Didnt see anyone else comment on this so I have to say it. I'd be willing to bet a months salary I could use nothing but rattle cans from primer to base to clear and have less peel than that black

·
Registered
659 Posts
Well lets look at the good parts of the car!! It has the custom windshield wiper delete kit and the modified wheel well molds are symmetrical. And lets be real with each other, you can never have enough Summit Racing stickers

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
620 Posts
When selling, sometimes you got to "cut" your losses and move on. The bidder however, well Mama says be nice. So no comment.

Now on the stickers, If ANYBODY needs any Summit, Speedway or Jegs just let me know. I got Plenty.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
This piece of automotive art has been brought up here several times. The original version of this was a rougher Mad Max kinda vibe and seemed to be a bit more of an honest build that didn’t ask to be critiqued. The shiny paint and flashy big wheels draw you in only to be tragically disappointed at the character flaws that were present when it was merely a post apocalyptic type creation..

·
Registered
781 Posts
This piece of automotive art has been brought up here several times. The original version of this was a rougher Mad Max kinda vibe and seemed to be a bit more of an honest build that didn’t ask to be critiqued. The shiny paint and flashy big wheels draw you in only to be tragically disappointed at the character flaws that were present when it was merely a post apocalyptic type creation..
That, and the asking price lol

·
14,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
It's back on eBay. These people use eBay regularly to list their cars, some of which appear for up to a year. We could be seeing a lot more of
this one.
1966 Chevrolet Nova | eBay

Bob

·
Registered
781 Posts
they should have took the $15,600
Absofrigginlutely!
I showed this to my buddy and I was trying to think of the highest dollar amount I would pay for this car and I could not come up with a number. Less than 5k. Not trying to just make fun of it or anything but if you really think about it, looking at the materials that were used to build this car with what you can actually see, and the skill level of who was doing it, there is probably not a single piece of that car that's worth keeping. I can only imagine what youd find after stripping all the paint and mud off that bad boy.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Ok now I'm real curious to hear some of your guys opinions.
What's the top dollar you would pay for this car right now, without seeing anything else?

·
Registered
620 Posts
Two reasons to by something.
1. You want it. I don't.
2. You think you can make a profit with it. When it comes to cars and parts, I never do.
So, for me. I fold.

·
Registered
1963 Hardtop W.I.P.
267 Posts
What's the top dollar you would pay for this car right now, without seeing anything else?

It would more or less a parts car, sell everything and start from scratch. The underside photos are the tell, a polished turd. Originally I was thinking not over 10, about 7, but the more I think about the less its worth. I think your 5 estimate is probably more accurate.

·
Registered
414 Posts

$1,500 is about the maximum, merely because it feels like the car needs to be parted out, cut up and put out of its misery.

$500 for the "rebuilt" big block.
$500 for the trans, assuming it isn't ruined like the rest of the car.
$250 for any of the exterior trim that isn't ruined
$250 for the rear axle to the right person
$100 for the wheels/tires, if you're lucky.
$250 in glass, if it's all there and isn't ruined
$150 for the seat frames to the right person
$50 in misc. interior trim pieces that don't already have holes drilled in them
And whatever pieces of sheetmetal that haven't been ruined by rust, a wayward drill bit, etc.

·
14,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
I think there's $25 worth of firewood under the rear seat covers :giggle:

B.

Reactions: ramportin1
21 - 40 of 50 Posts