Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking about putting my regulator on the firewall, turning the fuel log for the carb around and pointing it to the rear. I thought this would give it a real short run to the carb, and make a clean installation. Has anyone else tried this?

Also, the regulator that comes with the Blue Pump has two outlets. I was thinking about using the outlet that would be pointing away from the carb for my fuel pressure isolator. Any problems with this?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,139 Posts
I you plan on running it a track, I dont think any part of the fuel system can be mounted on the firewall.
Brandon

·
Premium Member
2,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys! One of these years :rolleyes: I'll get around to running at a track just for kicks, so I might as well just put it on the inner fender. I'm glad I asked!

·
Premium Member
1,198 Posts
Can someone quote the rulebook on the fuel system and fuel components not being on the firewall?

·
Premium Member
2,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
DriveWFO said:
Mount the regulator in front of the carb (and as close as possible).
I was actually thinking about one of those red billet brackets that mount to the carb and hold the reg over the passenger side of the intake. But my concern was that it would sit to high for my air cleaner which has around a 1.5" drop base.

·
Premium Member
11,072 Posts
Can someone quote the rulebook on the fuel system and fuel components not being on the firewall?
I can't quote the book(can't find the damn thing) but NO part of the fuel system can contact the firewall. You really don't want to soak the area where your butt is located do you? I had mine mounted there at one time and was told to move it immediately.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts