Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know what is the best way to take paint off a grille. Got one from my 1976 it's the non SS style. Got a new ss grille and want to refinish the old one to give to someone that needs a grille. Also we're can I get the brackets for the SS one.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
48 Posts
I saw on a tv show that Tsp will get rid of paint, grim, n muck off of plastics but never tried it myself

·
Registered
7,041 Posts
brake fluid!!!!let it soak in and wipe off,be sure to power wash it to get all residue off when done

·
Registered
582 Posts
brake fluid!!!!let it soak in and wipe off,be sure to power wash it to get all residue off when done
Wow!!! Sounds fantastic... cant wait to try it.

As for the brackets, they are the same for the SS or Rally grilles, and for the 75 regular grille. So you can source one from a 75 in ebay or a yard and hope the owner doesnt know they interchange... once the secret is out, the pair sells for about a 100 dollars. Still, they are not easy to come by.

·
Registered
504 Posts
TSP= tri sodium phosphate Stacey David of Gearz tv uses it before he repaints interior plastic parts on his show, one was with a Mazda Miata and the other for Ted Nugent's Bronco. Also when Car Craft was doing that "Disco Nova" project they used a paint from VHT to paint the grille.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I soaked mine then scrubed the dry rot off n wrapped them in vinyl cause i went the paint route n it kept coming off when the dryed out plastic came off
">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

1 - 10 of 10 Posts