Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m about to start ordering parts for the resto-mod renovation of my 66 SS. I’ve had the car since 1988. I fixed it up when I was a kid, drove the daylights out of it for a few years, and it’s been parked ever since. Who do you fellow deuce fanatics recommend for buying miscellaneous parts?

This week I’m going to order a complete weatherstripping kit, complete glass kit, 2” steel cowl hood ( I know it’s not original, but I can’t help myself ) and as much of the 66 SS rocker molding as can get my hands on. 30 years ago when I was first putting this car together, aftermarket parts were nearly unheard of. Today there are many more choices. I was going to order most items from “Ground Up SS396“. I greatly value the cumulative knowledge and experience here at SNS. Is there a better resource that I should be using to purchase from?

And speaking of 66 SS rocker molding... apparently the rear quarter pieces are still as rare as hens teeth. I know that I’d really like to find a clean set, for less than the price of a kidney. Just out of curiosity, how much demand is there for these pieces?

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
you can also look at classicindustries.com for some of your parts needs. i'm thinking they sell repop rocker trim an the short piece in front of the front tire. quarters trim are hard to find.

Reactions: GRIZBYII
1 - 5 of 5 Posts