Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I pick up some ugly 73 front door panels. Someone attempted to cut speaker holes but looks like they used a spoon to make the holes. They were cracked pretty bad. And one of the panels had some of the edge broken off. I used fiberglass on the back to make the panels solid. But now i wondering about the front. Have anyone replaced the vinyl on these panels. I was thinking of just adding vinyl on top so that i wouldn't lose the panels shape. Another option that came to mind was just to fiberglass the front as well. Thinking of A door panel like what is seen in show cars or car audio

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Pics. I had some b4 i glassed the back of the panels but my sd card is not reading...
20200527_010340.jpg
20200527_010358.jpg

·
Registered
232 Posts
I'm gone through this a view weeks ago :) driver side was like a puzzle

now the upholstery shop will cover them with leatherette

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok. I did know the shape of the edges were on the panels. I thought in twas in the material. So i guess i need to rip that off and go from there. Ididnt want yo have to go with a custom design if i didnt need to. I will definitely keep the speaker just because i love music. And i also just installed an electric window kit just to add a bit of modernization to the classic
I'm gone through this a view weeks ago :) driver side was like a puzzle
View attachment 405203
View attachment 405204
View attachment 405205

now the upholstery shop will cover them with leatherette

1 - 5 of 5 Posts