Chevy Nova Forum banner
81 - 94 of 94 Posts

·
Super Moderator
'67 4 door, 65 wagon. WISCONSIN
6,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #82 ·
He estimated it will done within a month. Torque Thrusts were ordered last week.

Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Vehicle Rectangle Wood
Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Land vehicle Wheel
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Super Moderator
6,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #84 ·
Almost done. A few small things to deal with. He's had some issues with the tailgate window is being a problem. Won't go up all the way with the fuzzies installed.

I've had some issues getting wheels. Keep being told in-stock when ordering and then back-ordered once I've paid. Think I have found some that are truly in-stock but they have to be shipped to me and I have to either deliver them 5 hours to Michigan or reship them.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Land vehicle Car

·
Super Moderator
6,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #86 ·
My friend knows I really love the Torque Thrusts, so he's teasing me by only sending pic of the wheels and tires without showing me them ON the car.
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Synthetic rubber

·
Super Moderator
6,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #90 ·
Looks good man!

How does it drive?
I haven't gotten to drive it yet. My friend says it is smooth, shifts well but the rear end is making noise, so he's going to look into it (probably needs bearings)

Reactions: mrlaze

·
Registered
17 Posts
After almost 2 years of owning Mr Repodude's 65 wagon, I started the process of stripping it down today.

I started with a hood I got from Nightshade. I'd been to Lowes and gotten a variety of sanding discs for my grinder. I started with those but nothing really seemed to be working as well as I'd hoped. So I switched to the Aircraft Paint Stripper. I think the first few coats I did were too thin. The original paint came off but the e-coat or primer wouldn't budge, so I sanded it off. I have concerns that too much of that will warp the metal.

Here's a picture of the hood after 5 hours of work. :eek: I think it might take years to strip the whole car.

So I washed it down with water (per the instructions on the stripper) and have some DuPont Etch Primer to spray on it so it doesn't rust. It is very humid out today, so I may wait until around 6 or 7 to actually paint it. I don't have any paint-prep, can I wipe it down with mineral spirits or should the water be enough?
Use water and then wipe with white vinegar will neutralize the acid,No mineral spirits or lacquer thinner

·
Super Moderator
6,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #94 ·
Nice wagon. What is the tire and wheel combination and backspacing?

thank you
Nothing custom, just off the rack 14x6 VN1054661 Torque Thrust D wheels with P185/75R14 tires.

I believe the backspace was 3.42. I'm trying to find my receipt for them but I'm not sure I have it as they were shipped straight to my friend that painted the car for me.

81 - 94 of 94 Posts