Chevy Nova Forum banner

61 - 80 of 85 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,294 Posts
Just to hear that has to spur you on. Thanks for the update, and we want to see how it all comes together.

·
Super Moderator
67 4 door, 65 wagon (in pieces)
6,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
Just to hear that has to spur you on. Thanks for the update, and we want to see how it all comes together.
I really wish it was me doing all this. Right now, I'm just writing the checks. I, too, can't wait for it to all come together.

I really wish I could get back to Michigan to hear it run myself, in the flesh.

·
Super Moderator
4,294 Posts
Of course, but no apologies for that. It's getting there. Liked the video post, and that's going to be a very cool wagon. I've had to be patient too.

·
Registered
1967 Nova SS
691 Posts
Progress being made. Lucille's stablemate coming along.
Blame COLD in down home Mississippi today. Wind Chill 21 degrees. It was 76 degrees Wednesday of this week.

·
Super Moderator
6,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
Progress being made. Lucille's stablemate coming along.
Blame COLD in down home Mississippi today. Wind Chill 21 degrees. It was 76 degrees Wednesday of this week.
Worked outside in -15 without the wind chill. Thankfully we didn't have that much to do for once.

·
Registered
1967 Nova SS
691 Posts
-15. It's not that cold in our freezer ! The best thing about the clerical craft, office was "climate" controlled.
Glad to see progress in being made on your wagon.

·
Super Moderator
6,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
-15. It's not that cold in our freezer ! The best thing about the clerical craft, office was "climate" controlled.
Glad to see progress in being made on your wagon.
It's always sunny and 70 in the Engineer's seat!

·
Super Moderator
6,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
Stuart, I've been keeping Repoman up to date on your wagon on Facebook as he's asked occasionally about it. He said he should have kept it;) Is the engine the one you got from Tony?
Cool. Does Jim have the same email address as back 10 years ago? If so, I can email him some pics.

Yep, the 283 is the one I bought from Tony. It was rebuilt by a machine shop in L'Anse about 7 years ago.

·
Super Moderator
6,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
Got this pic today...

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 ·
A before and after of the dash and steering wheel.

Old and grimy
Dash.JPG

New and shiny
Interior Paint.jpg

·
Super Moderator
4,294 Posts
Man, I know that '65 dash in red. Spent a lot of years with dad driving the family '65 and drumming on the dash--no pad. Looks like the project is taking another bunch of steps forward. Summer?

·
Registered
1967 Nova SS
691 Posts
Is that CN Red? lol. Looking good.

Picked my Nova up Wednesday from having firewall cleaned up. The assembly is ON.

·
Super Moderator
6,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #78 ·
Man, I know that '65 dash in red. Spent a lot of years with dad driving the family '65 and drumming on the dash--no pad. Looks like the project is taking another bunch of steps forward. Summer?
I don't have an estimate from my friend but at the rate it has been moving along, I think early summer would be a good bet

·
Super Moderator
6,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #79 ·
Is that CN Red? lol. Looking good.

Picked my Nova up Wednesday from having firewall cleaned up. The assembly is ON.
I never realized that. Definitely wasn't my intention. I may have to go work for BNSF

61 - 80 of 85 Posts