Chevy Nova Forum banner
41 - 60 of 94 Posts

·
Super Moderator
'67 4 door, 65 wagon. WISCONSIN
6,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
I took the seats out today, here's the floor. Parts look great, others are scaly :eek:

Something was living in the glove box and chewed a hole through the cardboard in the bottom. The underside of the dash is very rusted, probably from the inside out. Not sure what to do about that yet, I haven't taken any of that stuff apart yet.

·
Super Moderator
6,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Beautiful day in the U.P. today. Around 70 with west winds of about 15 mph. Got out in the garage and continued to strip the wagon. Didn't even break a sweat. Sure beats the last time I worked on it when it was over 90 in my garage. :yes:

Didn't quite get all of the rear quarter done. The door jambs took longer than I thought they would.

·
Super Moderator
6,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
After two weeks off for a business trip and the 2012 Ensign National Regatta, I got back on the wagon the last two days...

Wire wheels, the one on the right is the 'before' :devil:

Found some rust holes in the spare tire compartment

Not sure what's holding this together. There was about a quarter inch of bondo

A few holes under the tail light

Another thick coating of bondo over some holes, this time drivers side.

Paint is stripped from the gas cap forward. Just have to get the Dremel on some of the areas that the wire wheels won't fit in.

·
Super Moderator
6,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
spent about 12 hours Saturday and Sunday stripping the roof. I can tell exactly where the roof rack was, you can see the cancer starting...

Stood on the firewall and inner fender structure to get this one.

I just cleaned it off and put some etch on it. I'll get some pics when it's dry and I can push it back out in the driveway. Except for the interior, it is all one color now. I've never seen it all one color.

·
Super Moderator
6,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Here it is today. All I have to do is the interior and the rockers.

Lines in the roof are in the dust from when I vacuumed it

I uncovered the hidden VIN (it does match)

·
Super Moderator
6,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Spent a few hours stripping the inside today.

What goes over these?

Something was living in the glovebox and peed enough to rust out the underside of the dash :mad: This is why all rodents die around these parts.

I'm real close to getting this down the road to get the floors sandblasted. I found a couple of holes with the grinder today :(

·
Super Moderator
6,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Stopped by the bodyshop on my way home last night. The guy wants the doors and fenders as soon as possible to get started.

Its happening! :bounce:

·
Super Moderator
6,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Well, this didn't work out as expected.

The body shop guy got the doors, tailgate and the rolling shell. Didn't do anything with them for 6 years. I took it back from him when I was home in June/July (I started working and living out of the UP in 2017)

A friend has it now and has started the process of finishing it up for me. I may actually have it back by Spring!

I changed my mind on the color. It will be white with the red interior.

·
Super Moderator
4,765 Posts
Big thumbs up on the revival of the project! The red interior is pretty uncommon for those '65 wagons, and with white, I think you could have had any color interior offered. My dad bought one new in '65, maroon exterior with red interior, so a '65 Nova wagon with red interior is like home to me. That will be a very cool color combo. Be sure to post if you are looking for any of the '65 wagon bits it will take to finish it off.

·
Super Moderator
6,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
Big thumbs up on the revival of the project! The red interior is pretty uncommon for those '65 wagons, and with white, I think you could have had any color interior offered. My dad bought one new in '65, maroon exterior with red interior, so a '65 Nova wagon with red interior is like home to me. That will be a very cool color combo. Be sure to post if you are looking for any of the '65 wagon bits it will take to finish it off.
Recovered these about 6 years ago. Thought they'd be in by now

·
Super Moderator
4,765 Posts
Very cool, and a bunch of progress from the first pics of the thread. There's some momentum to the project now, so stay after it.
Seats are way, way nicer than the ice cream and dog saliva stained seats in the wagon we had for some reason.

41 - 60 of 94 Posts