Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen a lot of varied answers so far but I was wondering what you guys think. What can I expect to pay for a complete 5.3/4l60e combo with the computer gas pedal and accessories? What about for a 6.0l? I am looking for something under 100k miles if possible.

I'm just trying to get my budget together. Also does anyone know of a good source of ls drivetrains in Tucson, Phoenix or in reasonable driving distance? Thanks in advance everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using AG Free

·
Registered
287 Posts
Keep your eyes peeled on craigslist and ask around. I picked my donor up from a buy here pay here car lot that has a private junk yard for 300.00! :yes: I bought it sight unseen! Come to find out, it had been sitting in the yard for 5 years untouched. After getting it to the house, I changed the oil and after repairing some cut wires from the accident damage, it ran!!!

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
11 months ago I got a 2005 5.3, 4L60E,ECM,harness,DBW pedal & contoller,all accessories,and some other misc items from our local Parts Recycler for $1,400.00

Since then, some of the prices have went down due to availability. One of my buddies just picked up the same thing I have from a private individual and paid $1,000.00

From what I have seen, it really depends on where you live, what that local market is like, etc. Our Craigs List in our area just doesn't seem to have the folks listing these types of things, so it's by luck, hear say, or the Salvage yard around here.

You should get several differnt stories on this subject.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
482 Posts
Last month I bought a 98 camaro convert z28 with a Lien title for 2000. Pulled what I needed and sold the shell for 400 on CL. the deals are out there. Just gotta sit tight and wait for them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts