Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My rearview mirror keeps falling off. It's a new windshield, I prepped the surface, and I've tried two or three different glue types. I even rigged up a 2x4 once and braced it between the seat and the mirror button to keep pressure on it over night. What am I doing wrong and how can I get this thing to stick?

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
i had a mirror come lose twice an i got glue from the auto parts store. a year later it would fall off so i when to my friends at the body shop an he glued it. never come lose again. so i guess my tip would be go to the body shop an see what they can do for you.

·
Registered
1969 Nova . . 2dr . . Chino Valley,Az USA
4,753 Posts
^^^^^^^^^^^^

OR --- wait for warmer weather …. maybe ?

·
Registered
169 Posts
Fyi, after you prep the windshield make sure you sand the backside of the square with some 80grit sandpaper to give the glue something that has a scratched surfaced to better the bond to.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I worked in the glass industry 30 years and installed over a hundred mirrors or more .like others have said less is more.also use picture rear view mirror adhesive. Get at glass shop, the small one time use packs Nevers seam to work.be sure to clean both glass and bracket and prime both! FYI. We charged $8.00 to install might just be best to stop by local autoglass shop and let them do it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts