Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to set up my 66 nova with a posi rearend....What's the best way to upgrade....I've hear about posi carrier...but I'm not sure which one to go with...Any suggestion's.....??.......Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,532 Posts
I'd like to set up my 66 nova with a posi rearend....What's the best way to upgrade....I've hear about posi carrier...but I'm not sure which one to go with...Any suggestion's.....??.......Thanks
Eaton is the way to go. I had an Auburn, but that wore out within a couple years.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
I went with a Detroit tru-trac locker, after doing some research.

1. No clutch disc to wear out.
2. No need to friction additives.
3. Acts like a conv. when rolling around.
4. Provides power to traction tire when power is applied.
5. No parts to wear out.
6. Even power distributed when going straight.

I uses scroll gears instead of a clutch pack. Call up some of the places like Currie and Moser and tell them what you are looking for and get there recommendations.

·
Premium Member
4,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks...I'm kind of on a low budget now....Such is life....one day you got $$$...Next day 0..............So Money is a factor....

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Thanks...I'm kind of on a low budget now....Such is life....one day you got $$$...Next day 0..............So Money is a factor....
I have an auburn posi in my wagon, im not sure about the durability issues undercvrSS is talking about because mines only been in for 2 months. Mines probably not going to see the track but a couple of times a year. So it should last me awhile. We'll see.

·
Premium Member
4,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My Nova will NOT be a daily driver...Nor will it see a race track...but If my foot and my brain tells me to hit it....I want to HIT IT...It has no air conditioning so it won't get much driving time in the hot Ca. valley summers....I've installed a saginaw 4 speed..(two ring) 3.11 gear...And I'm not going to be launching it everytime I leave a stop light...I'd like to find a Posi rearend that I don't have to worry about....Sturdy..And durable....Thanks again for your advise.....

·
Premium Member
14,614 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts