Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok heres a f.a.q. so i have a 10 bolt 8.2 (the smaller 8.2) rearend in my 71 nova, i got 15x8 rally's for the rear and i would like to use the rims if i can but heres my problem, i have 65/235/r15 and they rub on the outter lip sure they would hit the inside of the body when i put them on the car, i really want 235/75/r15's in the back which are a little wider, so im wondering where to put my money at, do i take the rearend in and get it cut down on each side so i can fit the tires in the wheel wells more on center and slap bigger tires on it, OR, is it smarter and cheaper to get rims with different backspacing? (by the way i have about 2 inches on each side give or take on the inside of the tire) so i wanna move the tires in more so i can get the power to the ground without using grandma's skinny's as an alternative. thanks guys im sure almost all of us have run into this one before

·
Registered
8,013 Posts
First off, get yourself a Percy's Wheelrite and stop guessing. Guessing costs money.

Then once you've got an actual measurement get a wheel in the offset you need. It'll be a whole lot cheaper than shortening an axle.

There may also be someone here on the site with your model that's been down the same road as you and can tell you what offset will work.

Good luck!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks this helps alot ill be posting a thread to see who has bought offset rear wheels for their third gen and see what info i can get i know cars differ and can be off by minimal dimensions so ill see how big of an offset people get to put me in the ballpark thanks bro!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts