Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How does this piece of molding by the rear window get removed from a two door 63 Chevy 2 Nova? I’m thinking it may be similar to the window felt clips but I don’t want to damage it. Thanks

·
Vendor
1,579 Posts
It is held on by special clips that press into slots at the top of the quarter. It comes off with a forward wiggle motion. You need to pop the clips back out of the qtr holes. Do not pry on it with any sharp or pointed, people ruin them frequently. I always forget if that piece has little screws, it may. They usually fight coming off.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, that did the trick! There were no screws but they sure were stuck and the clips were rusted. I used a small wood block and a mallet to tap it forward and lots of rocking back and forth to find the release point.

·
Vendor
1,579 Posts
Awesome, that sounds like a good process with the wood block. Also works with the drip rail moulding. The clips are very often rusty and sometimes have become one with the quarter panel. I took one of these off once and the top of the quarter came with it. Rusty car :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts