Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of the rollers on my '63 2-door rear quarter windows is broken. I see the front rollers for sale at Classic Industries, but not sure they are the same as for the rear, or how they install. I also see Dorman sells them too, but not sure these will work on my car. Any tips on how to replace them? Thanks much, Dean

Attachments

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
There is already a post on this topic. Chevy2only sells them along with the rivit tool to install them. The tool is $30. Anyone have a tool that they bought and will never use again that they want to sell? When I buy my tool, I'll put it in my tool drawer that has the million other tools I've bought that I'll never use again. Ha Ha!

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The issue I have with Classic Industries is that they don't sell the tool to install the roller and they don't give you a clue how to install them. Chevy2Only sells the tool, though it is pricey, in my opinion. I found a snap rivit anvil I'm going to try. If that doesn't work, I'll order the tool from Chevy2only.

·
Registered
169 Posts
You dont need the tool, just grind the old roller on the back flush and smack it out with a center punch. then put new roller in hole and peen it over with a hammer to make it tight in the hole and then you are done.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the response. I also found they sell snaps at Home Depot and the snaps have a similar rivet, and a tool you hit with a hammer to pin them over just right. Best thing is the snaps with the tool are $6. You get the tool and free snaps.

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
good luck on your quarter window repair. wish i was closer so i could watch how you do the fix. both of my quarter windows work up an down but are way to tight feeling an i'm afraid to work them for fear of braking the regulator. its my winter repair job this coming winter. i'm hoping its just in need of some lithium grease in all the right places.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I bought the part from Ebay and it was easy to install. I used a small socket on a wood bench on the roller side, then hit the rivet side with a ball peen hammer until it was peened over. Piece of cake. I should have taken a picture, but it's simple to do.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts