Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
929 Posts
i have a different year than yours but the same principles im sure still apply. i got mine off a pontiac phoenix. and the inner mounts are welded to the trunk pan. ive seen them under and behind but not in front of the rear end. good luck,

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A little more info - I'm installing the Helwig bar and I set the section that runs parallel to the rear end housing just past the center line of the rear housing toward the rear of the car to give me clearance for my diff cover as the bar moves with normal suspension travel. Given that the bar is for body roll (side to side) I did not see not read in the instructions that this would be an issue .. Just wanted to toss it out to those who have been around the block...

·
Registered
3,601 Posts
The bushings do not need to be mounted on the axle centerline for the bar to work. Just look at a factory Chevelle bar or chevrolet truck with truck arm suspension. I would recomend you try to keep the ends of the bar that attatch to the end links close to level and the end links roughly to perpendicular to them.

Heres annother pic of the Hellwig bar. Suspension is at full extension.

http://i934.photobucket.com/albums/ad185/9816bluelake/0134-1.jpg

1 - 8 of 8 Posts