Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok here's the deal. I have a 1964 nova straight axle gasser setup. Im in the procees of ordering wheels for the car. I have a ford 9. Inch im going to have narrowed to fit with no mini tub. Im leaning towards the Tci 4 link setup. I saw a ladder bar setup that looked pretty [email protected]#%. Im looking to run 15x8 cragar ss reverse style wheel also widest tire possible. This will be a street car non drag car. Any suggestions on rear end setup. Pros cons?? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
3,601 Posts
On a nostalgic straight axle/gasser style car the only rear suspensions that look correct to me are ladder bars with floaters on leafs, or traction bars on leafs.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Would it work if I moved leaf springs in a inch or so to accommodate the 8 inch wheel. I figure since im cutting the rear down I should go ahead and do a little suspension work. Im running the trackion bar setup now.

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Offset spring hangers

I would look into Detroit speed and eng. for their offset spring hangers. They are not cheap but the look is killer. You will have to narrow the gas tank to fit the springs inboard more. Search the forums somebody posted a jig to make the front spring eye for an inboard mount. TCI makes a great product (I'm running their set up) but it looks better with leaf springs when you are after the gasser stance. JMO
Jeff

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds good. I already have a fuelcel in the trunk. Can u post or send me pics of your setup? ?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts