Chevy Nova Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1967 2 Door
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you recommend for rear shocks on my 2nd Gen? It’s a street car with a LS3 crate motor and mono rear leaf springs. It also has Caltracs. I don’t plan on taking it to the track.
Thanks,
Rob.

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
I second the QA1 shocks, I put them on my 67 and it changed the whole feel of the suspension! They are great!

Reactions: Sano63

·
Registered
462 Posts
I went with viking coilovers on front and viking double adjustable shocks on back
all from church bros racing
rear shocks are $375 for the pair

probably overkill for my 63 but I stole them from another project

so I have
CPP mini sub frame, manual R&P, 1" sway bar and coil overs on front
stock mono leafs and viking shocks on back, no sway bar

car handles very nicely

·
Registered
1967 2 Door
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone. I will look into it. If any others have more suggestions keep it coming.
Thanks,
Rob.

·
Registered
1967 2 Door
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Can I use that stock length shock or do I need a little shorter ones due to the fact that I moved my rear shackles inward a few inches because I mini tubbed it?

·
Registered
790 Posts
Can I use that stock length shock or do I need a little shorter ones due to the fact that I moved my rear shackles inward a few inches because I mini tubbed it?
Only need shorter if you've lowered it significantly. (or lifted it, LOL)

The slight change in mounting angle due to mini-tub and moving the rear shackle won't impact length.

·
Registered
462 Posts
The slight change in mounting angle due to mini-tub and moving the rear shackle won't impact length.
Thats not good advice

completely depends on how much you moved them in and how straight up and down the shocks will be compared to stock

the problem is two fold,
moving them in will shorten the distance, just need to find out what is acceptable
but also moving them in makes them straighter up/down, and with them straighter, the shock will compress more for a given travel of rear end

call one of the companies mentioned above and ask them, CBR will probably get you the quickest reply from someone very knowledgeable

here is my shock on a 63, camera was square to floor
the shocks are a bit straighter than 45 deg, prob about 55, maybe 60 deg from horizontal

at 55 to 60 they shorten just a bit more by lowering than by moving bottom inward, but inward still shortens them

dont ask a forum, figure out how much they were moved in, and if you are going to lower, call and ask a supplier or mfg of shocks

Automotive tire Tire Vehicle Wheel Tread

1 - 11 of 11 Posts