Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought new rear shocks, KYB PN KG5504 and they don't fit, they appear to be about 4" too short. Has anyone had issues with these? i just installed a multi leaf pack in the rear (another nightmare) so maybe that has something to do with it. it doesnt sit super high in the rear...

[/IMG]

·
Registered
20,109 Posts
So did you buy them for a multileaf car?

·
Registered
72 Frame off, bare metal resto-mod. 383, TH350, Eaton Posi, Complete new suspension, disk brakes
1,519 Posts
Call Summit. They are really good at helping you get the right part for your application. Have the measurement from the upper shock mount to the center of the lower bolt with the car on the ground and tell them if the car is complete - interior, engine, tranny, ready to drive or the stage of construction. They are very helpful and will get you the right shock.
In my case I changed my mounts to inside the frame, gave them the measurements and they nailed it the first time.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Call Summit. They are really good at helping you get the right part for your application. Have the measurement from the upper shock mount to the center of the lower bolt with the car on the ground and tell them if the car is complete - interior, engine, tranny, ready to drive or the stage of construction. They are very helpful and will get you the right shock.
In my case I changed my mounts to inside the frame, gave them the measurements and they nailed it the first time.
Thanks, i will give them a call and see what they say!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts