Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if these can be purchased anywhere? Had the entire floor replaced in the car and the hooks didn't survive so I currently have no way of securing the bottom of the rear seat.

Does anyone sell these, or any alternative options I can look into?

·
Registered
219 Posts
Me personally, I would find a donor/parts car, cut the floor out square around it, don't try and cut the floor from the hooks. Then weld the floor from the other car with the hooks attached to your new floor! I have done it before, it works just fine and it will never be seen!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So far no luck on finding a donor. Does anyone know if there's a way to fab something up to allow the rear seat bottom to latch in securely?

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
I could be wrong, but I'd be willing to bet any GM car will fit.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Have you tried Desert Valley Auto Parts?

http://www.dvap.com/

They do have some Novas there and they might be able to cut that section out of one of their salvage cars..
Just hold on to your check book if you get any parts from DVAP. I live not to far from them and wont buy parts there.

I know that most of the 70's -80's cars will work as well.
It wouldn't be to hard to fab something either.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everyone for all the great replys. I'll expand my search for donors at the local wreckers to cars I might not have looked at as closely. And I now have some numbers to call if that doesn't pan out :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Let me double check that I haven't thrown mine out. I'm currently installing rear seats out of a 2005 GTO and have taken the hooks off the floor and won't be using them. The driver side ones are still on the floor and I can take them off later this week. I'm pretty sure I still have the pass side ones, but I'll let you know.
Awesome :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts