Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am preparing to replace my rear qtrs and I am trying to find out how tuff it is, the body shops want between 3 and 5 grand to do it, along with my outer wheel house.
How many have done this and what level of experiance do you need to pull it off.
Iam not looking to build a autorama car but want it to look good, should I trty it or spend the cash? They are the half qtrs and I plan on ordering the dvd and panel kit from EASTWOOD.:devil:

·
Premium Member
5,493 Posts
I did a rear 1/4 on my 62 and I am a complete newbie to bodywork. Just make sure you brace up the car very well. I welded in some temporay braces acros my trunk opening and the door opening on the side I did the 1/4 panel on. Take you time and make sure everything is straight and level. If its wrong and you weld it that way......oh well.

Here are a few photos for you:
Ron

Here is a photo of the final result:

·
Premium Member
3,547 Posts
I replaced my drivers quarter the same way 62 civa did. I also replaced my passengers side with a skin. I did a butt weld on the passengers one. First time doing any sheet metal replacement. My car is nowheres near done but I am happy wit the results thus far.
If you have: a place to do the work, a mig welder,cut off tools and most of all patience you will do fine, besides, there are a lot of very knowlegeable people on this site and they are very willing to help.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,245 Posts
1/4 panels....

I am preparing to replace my rear qtrs and I am trying to find out how tuff it is, the body shops want between 3 and 5 grand to do it, along with my outer wheel house.
How many have done this and what level of experiance do you need to pull it off.
Iam not looking to build a autorama car but want it to look good, should I trty it or spend the cash? They are the half qtrs and I plan on ordering the dvd and panel kit from EASTWOOD.:devil:
How about posting some photos showing the current condition....try to show the inside of the wheel wells also. It will make it easier to comment on the work needed and the best way to go....that price for just partial 1/4's and the wheel houses seems a little high to me. Some more info on the car and what it looks like overall is also helpful.

wilma

1 - 4 of 4 Posts