Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to replace rear mono leaf spring bushings and shackle bushings.What is the best way to disconnect parking brake cable so differential can be removed and cleaned up while I'm under there

·
Registered
83 Posts
There's and slack adjuster about even with the cross member. Loosen that up and with cable slack you can unhook the the cable where it attaches to the frame. You should be able to drop your rearend if you wanted to or clean it up in place. Buy the way rustoleum semigloss looks almost original when used to repaint. Don:devil:

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There's and slack adjuster about even with the cross member. Loosen that up and with cable slack you can unhook the the cable where it attaches to the frame. You should be able to drop your rearend if you wanted to or clean it up in place. Buy the way rustoleum semigloss looks almost original when used to repaint. Don:devil:
thanks for your help I was able to disconnect rear brake cable at frame rail there is a bracket that has a spring clip[looks like mickey mouse ears] that holds cable to the bracket. Once the clip was removed the cable slid out of the bracket with ease. Now if I only can get the rest of the bolts broke free from springs I will be in good shape my 1/2" drive impact gun flew the coup and my 3/8" gun does not have enough torque so I am using a 3 ft breaker bar and slowly breaking nuts loose got to love 40 year old bolts with rust

·
Registered
929 Posts
Just love those rusty bolts. Penetrating fluid. Drink a beer. penetrating fluid. drink a beer. lol. :beer1: :pray: good luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts