Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys any positive or negitive to running a 33x19.5x15 sportsman on thr rear of my 68? Its mostly a street car...had 31x18.5x15s on there but like the larger tire..i do want to lower the back down because of how tall these tires are but the tires scape the tubs a little over larger bumps? Is it a big deal to re tub the back since its already done ? Thank you

·
Registered
8,013 Posts
You're gonna go through an awful crap for a whole 1-1/2 more inches (1-1/2" per end) !?!???

It's just not going to be worth the hassle. If you were going to go from a 28 or a 29 then I'd say go for it.

Also, there aren't many people running a tire that big anymore.

31's, which is what I have, are becoming an "old" trend. Tire technology has come a long way that even 2800 horse Pro Mods are running on a 10 or 10.5 tire. Everybody knows that what goes on at the track always ends up on the street!

I've been seriously considering de-tubbing my car.

·
Banned
872 Posts
tires

You're gonna go through an awful crap for a whole 1-1/2 more inches (1-1/2" per end) !?!???

It's just not going to be worth the hassle. If you were going to go from a 28 or a 29 then I'd say go for it.

Also, there aren't many people running a tire that big anymore.

31's, which is what I have, are becoming an "old" trend. Tire technology has come a long way that even 2800 horse Pro Mods are running on a 10 or 10.5 tire. Everybody knows that what goes on at the track always ends up on the street!

I've been seriously considering de-tubbing my car.
hes looking for the look sounds like hes driving on the street, technology hasent adressed the pavement down here on our tracks, pro mods running 10.5 tires @ 2800 hp here r running taller then 31s for sure for sure:cool:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts