Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just realized that the rear inner wheelhouse panel is not made (yet) for a '72. They sell the rear outer but not the inner. I can't help but think that just about every car of this age has significant rust here. What are people (without a full metal-fab shop) doing to repair these rounded panels? I hear rumblings that you can buy Camaro tubs and make them fit. Does anyone have experience with this? Maybe I'll just go cut some chunks out of a junkyard Caprice to get a round piece to start with and them hammer/dolly away. Advice?
thanks
HH

·
Registered
328 Posts
When I was doing the wheel wells on my 74, I found the same thing, and filt the same as you Hayseed . Didn"t know about the deep inner tubbs until after I was done.(they would have been a god send) Anyway ,What Pauls72 said is true not sure if frame rails are needed or not, one I heard of had frame rails you could get with them. I made my own inner wheel wells.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
deep tubs

I called Detriot Speed Engineering today and learned about the (fairly major) modifications needed to accomodate the 2 1/2" deeper tubs. Shave the body frame rails, move the shock and spring mounts and then put in a smaller gas tank due to the spring mounts. I think if I were to go with the DSE tubs, I'd cut a strip out to get them back to stock width. I'd still be pounding them out to some extent, I suspect. -Better than a stick in the eye, I suppose.

·
Premium Member
1,283 Posts
inner wheelhouse

I clicked on that URL for the inners and I think they are for Chevelles and Cutlass's.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts