Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
swapped out my 6cyl with a small block 350, mild cam, with a turbo 350 tranny, nice cruiser in town but once i get on the freeway im pushing some high r.p.m. tire size is 225-50-16r, 24 inches tall, anyway what do you guys suggest for re-gearing the rear axle? thanks for any help. ----------------------------------Jess

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
swapped out my 6cyl with a small block 350, mild cam, with a turbo 350 tranny, nice cruiser in town but once i get on the freeway im pushing some high r.p.m. anyway what do you guys suggest for re-gearing the rear axle? thanks for any help. ----------------------------------Jess

How tall a tire and how much converter?

For example our 63 nova has a 31" tall tire and 3000 converter with a ford 9 inch that has 4.86 gears and it drives great on the street.

·
Premium Member
13,309 Posts
swapped out my 6cyl with a small block 350, mild cam, with a turbo 350 tranny, nice cruiser in town but once i get on the freeway im pushing some high r.p.m. tire size is 225-50-16r, 24 inches tall, anyway what do you guys suggest for re-gearing the rear axle? thanks for any help. ----------------------------------Jess

2.79 to 3.08.... if you want the best hwy gearing... 3.23 to 3.55 for mid or moderate hwy cruising rpm

·
Premium Member
20,542 Posts
3.08's get my vote.you can cruise on the hwy and still burn rubber around town.bm

1 - 4 of 4 Posts