Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1967 I am 4 linking the rear. What is the narrowest rear I can use and not tub the body? And which offset on the wheels. Sorry I couldn't do search on phone.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply but I am not going with stock width. I want to use the most narrow width i can and the most deep wheel.

·
Banned
26,231 Posts
yeah but tire size is limited by inner fender and the frame rails. if you're not relocating frame rails (meaning they'll be in factory position) then you're limited...

·
Premium Member
Serious southern boy living in Jax Fl.
3,972 Posts
Thanks for the reply but I am not going with stock width. I want to use the most narrow width i can and the most deep wheel.
If you are leaving the wheel wells untouched then an 8" wheel is about as wide as you can go for most 66-67 Chevy II's. Find an 8" wheel with 3.75" backspacing and remove 1.5" from each side of your rear end. Use 2" wheel studs and you'll be able to center your wheels no problem.

·
Premium Member
20,542 Posts
I had 17x9.5 on the rear of my 67 the b/s was either 5.5 or 6.5 dont remember which it was tight and they didnt rub and this is with the stock width 54.75".

With mini tub right?did you drive car?what about body roll?bm

·
Premium Member
Serious southern boy living in Jax Fl.
3,972 Posts
I had 17x9.5 on the rear of my 67 the b/s was either 5.5 or 6.5 dont remember which it was tight and they didnt rub and this is with the stock width 54.75".

Lets get some numbers straight so we don't send someone off trying something that will bite them later. I suspect your "stock" rear was 57.75" not 54.75" and the backspace was 6.5" This would be tight but with a 245 tire it should be just about 10.50" section width. (The width of the rim) Some will fit while others will rub. I ran a 10.25" section width on my 67 and it rubbed in hard corners but I liked it. The wheels were 16x8" with 5" BS. and a 245/50/16 tire. The tire was .25" from the leaf and about twice that from the outer fender. Now I run an 11" wheel with a 335/35/17 tire and a stock width rear with disc brakes. The total width is 58" on the rear end and the back space on the wheel is 8":eek:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts