Chevy Nova Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to put a posi rearend in my 66 nova....What other rearend's fit...I see plenty of them for sale....I'd just like to know what other vehicles would work with the nova...Thanks .....

·
Registered
517 Posts
You'll have to either use other earl Nova rears, or weld pearches on something custom.

My wife had a 1971 Duster with an 8 3/4 rear which was narrower than an early Nova rear. I also know theGM A/G Bodies of the 80's rears were the same width as the early Novas. Either of these options would require weldoing pearches on.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Ok...What year Ford Bronco ll's Rear end will work in the 66 nova???......Anyone...
Dude, I asked this question awile back, as my 66 has a early 80's camaro posi 7.5" rear end in it (apparently those bolt right on) . ALthought why don't you just go out and buy a posi carrier?? I know there pricy but your going to spend a whole lot of time and effort going out looking for a whole new setup when you could just use what you have allready?

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
Im kinda thinking a drop in posi unit would be the cheapest route too?? A whole rear end change will cost some duckets and then you may still need to replace the posi unit if it was cooked by the last owner. JR

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.