Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to put a posi rearend in my 66 nova....What other rearend's fit...I see plenty of them for sale....I'd just like to know what other vehicles would work with the nova...Thanks .....

·
Registered
271 Posts
I'd like to put a posi rearend in my 66 nova....What other rearend's fit...I see plenty of them for sale....I'd just like to know what other vehicles would work with the nova...Thanks .....
you can use the other cars but most likely u will have to narrow it and weld on perchs for the leaf springs

·
Registered
517 Posts
You'll have to either use other earl Nova rears, or weld pearches on something custom.

My wife had a 1971 Duster with an 8 3/4 rear which was narrower than an early Nova rear. I also know theGM A/G Bodies of the 80's rears were the same width as the early Novas. Either of these options would require weldoing pearches on.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Isn't that the unit "horsepower tv" installed in a GM car? it was called "tru trac" or something? it's like super easy to install?

·
Premium Member
4,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The old Fuerd Bronco IIs and they came with either the 8 or 9 inch rear end.
This rear's for sale ...It's out of a 84 Bronco.....It's a 9 inch.....Thanks..

By rroxon7 at 2009-04-16

·
Premium Member
4,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok...What year Ford Bronco ll's Rear end will work in the 66 nova???......Anyone...

·
Registered
268 Posts
Ok...What year Ford Bronco ll's Rear end will work in the 66 nova???......Anyone...
Dude, I asked this question awile back, as my 66 has a early 80's camaro posi 7.5" rear end in it (apparently those bolt right on) . ALthought why don't you just go out and buy a posi carrier?? I know there pricy but your going to spend a whole lot of time and effort going out looking for a whole new setup when you could just use what you have allready?

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Im kinda thinking a drop in posi unit would be the cheapest route too?? A whole rear end change will cost some duckets and then you may still need to replace the posi unit if it was cooked by the last owner. JR

1 - 13 of 13 Posts