Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I think that I have a stock 10 bolt rear end, with stock gearing. I want to change it out with something else. I have read that I want a 12 bolt rear-end with posi. Where can I find a 12 bolt, or what type of car can I get one out of. Oh yeah, I have a 1978 nova with a 350 motor and trans. I appreciate all the help.

·
Registered
2 Posts
rearend for a nova

Yeah, I have a 12 bolt under my 72 nova 4:11 been real happy with it. It has a mono-leaf spring with one helper spring in it. I have had the rearend for about 4 yrs not a lick of problems. the rearend orginally came out of a 72 chevelle. I just welded spring perches onto the rearend in the locations that I needed to fit under my nova. Works great. Anyway I would tell u that a 9 inch ford is better. Just because of the outer bearings are stronger for a lot of horsepower. U can modify the 12 bolt by using C-clip eliminators. it basically makes a 12 bolt like a 9 inch ford. But, I have about 450 horse going to the real wheels. Have not had any problems even with drag slicks. I am thinking about selling this rearend to go to another project. But, anyway just wanted to responed to your question

·
Registered
745 Posts
Hey guys, I think that I have a stock 10 bolt rear end, with stock gearing. I want to change it out with something else. I have read that I want a 12 bolt rear-end with posi. Where can I find a 12 bolt, or what type of car can I get one out of. Oh yeah, I have a 1978 nova with a 350 motor and trans. I appreciate all the help.
see ten bolts are desent just depend if you have to 8.5 or 7.5
http://www.novaresource.org/axle.htm
heres how you tell
8.5 is the better 7.5 are weak
I put 4.10s a eaton posi and moser axels in my ten bolt it will handel alot of power. 4.10s pull good with my low horse engine

1 - 3 of 3 Posts