Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
that will be some smooth braking when its installed. one question, the pic with the back of the wagon an axle the passenger side did you miss a nut on the lower backing plate ?

·
Registered
1969 Nova . . 2dr . . Chino Valley,Az USA
4,752 Posts
Hi Brian ....

Hope all is well at your place.

and, I Really LIKE u'r rear end ........ (for u'r 63)...... lol.

looks very nice ... get-up-and-go .. & .. stop !

see ya, jim

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
that will be some smooth braking when its installed. one question, the pic with the back of the wagon an axle the passenger side did you miss a nut on the lower backing plate ?
Both of the nuts were off of the bottom bolts , I was test fitting when I took the pic, good eye thanks for letting me know I’m glad I was at such an early stage of assembly and not ready to put it in the car.

·
Premium Member
2,035 Posts
Looks very nice! I have a 3:36 Posi in my Convertible. Nice gears for highway cruising, but can still spin them with ease.

Tell me about your disc brake upgrade? Brand, 11" rotors, ect...?

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks very nice! I have a 3:36 Posi in my Convertible. Nice gears for highway cruising, but can still spin them with ease.

Tell me about your disc brake upgrade? Brand, 11" rotors, ect...?
It’s a Right Stuff Detailing kit which I got through Church boys it has zero offset front discs which will work with 14 inch rims and rear discs I don’t remember the rotor size but they need 15 inch rims the kit I got was a complete front and rear disc conversion, master cylinder, proportioning valve/block, rubber hoses from caliper to hard lines and emergency brake cables. I needed a few extra parts because I’m changing from 4 lug to 5 lug also. They are very nice looking parts well machined and they don’t look cheap. Will update after install.

·
Registered
264 Posts
HI Guys

The best of luck with the E brake with those Callipers, I have them on my 63 wagon (CPP). I cant get a decent e brake, which is a pain as we have to have one for our annual Ministry of transport test, (road worthiness). I have watched all the videos on you tube and read how to adjust them most of the forums to no avail, so I have a ford explorer axel ready for shortening in my garage.

Cheers Ian:uk:

·
Premium Member
2,035 Posts
It’s a Right Stuff Detailing kit which I got through Church boys it has zero offset front discs which will work with 14 inch rims and rear discs I don’t remember the rotor size but they need 15 inch rims the kit I got was a complete front and rear disc conversion, master cylinder, proportioning valve/block, rubber hoses from caliper to hard lines and emergency brake cables. I needed a few extra parts because I’m changing from 4 lug to 5 lug also. They are very nice looking parts well machined and they don’t look cheap. Will update after install.
Thanks for the info.

If I could make a suggestion.. Now would be a FANTASTIC time to paint your calipers with a quality caliper paint-before you have brake fluid in them.

I had my front clip all assembled and back on the road, and THEN decided to take the calipers off to paint them, because I didn't like how they looked through my Torq Thrust wheels. They turned out nice, but I could've skipped all the extra labor.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the info.

If I could make a suggestion.. Now would be a FANTASTIC time to paint your calipers with a quality caliper paint-before you have brake fluid in them.

I had my front clip all assembled and back on the road, and THEN decided to take the calipers off to paint them, because I didn't like how they looked through my Torq Thrust wheels. They turned out nice, but I could've skipped all the extra labor.
I have painted all 4 calipers, I usually do things the hard way or multiple times, but I actually thought about painting ahead of time. My uncle is building a chevelle and has his all together and he didn’t think about painting calipers luckily he hasn’t put fluid in yet.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts