Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone here know of a rear disk swap from another GM car that will clear 15 inch wheels? Been doing a lot of research but not having much luck. I was thinking an early 80's camaro since the rotor is 10.5". Later F body wont clear from what I've read.

I know there are a few kits out there you can buy, but I prefer to use stock parts that way when they wear out I can buy them at a local auto parts store.

Rear end is a 8.5" 10 bolt.

·
Premium Member
917 Posts
Rear Discs

About 20 years ago I installed the rear disc brakes from a 1987 Trans Am onto the 8.5" ten bolt in my 1969 Nova.
They were a truly funky design. GM only made one caliper, so one bleeder screw faced forward while the other side faced backwards.
The emergency brake cable, when tightened, made adjustments to a ratchet device inside the calipers.The amount of adjustment made was unpredictable.
I never liked them, and have since replaced them with 11" backing plates and drums. Yes, I did replace the master cylinders during both installations.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
I think the S10 rear discs will fit, they also have the parking brake inside the rotor hat which works way better that the levers on the calipers. Usually 11 inch rotors some 12 s will fit 15 inch wheels. The 10.5s are G-body stuff and they came with 14's.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts