Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the market for a rear disc brake kit, and I need some advice.

This is the last Major component on the shopping list.
The rear end is a small bearing F*** 9-inch.
31 spline axles, redrilled for chevy bolt pattern.
This will be a street car, so I will need a parking brake.
I am planning to run Rallys, so the brakes can be to big.

Anyone have a suggestion on what might work?
What are you running? And are you happy with your setup?

Any advice or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
2,053 Posts
i have the same set up but i have big bearings, and i called durrie and was about to order there kit, which is $450..

i called moser, and they use ford explorer stuff..but it was more money

call currie enterprises

·
Registered
998 Posts
I didn't want to spend big bucks on a rear disc kit so this is what I used to put rear disc brakes on my 67 Camaro.

1. Used 80 Trans Am rear rotors I had turned (you'll have to die grind the rotors to fit over the axle flange or have the flange turned down. You also need longer axle studs)

2. 80-85 Cadillac Seville reman calipers (they have the parking brake assembly. One thing with this caliper, it is important to use the parking brake often cause it's the only way it can self adjust. Eventually it will go bad if the parking brake is not used)

3.Afco bolt on brake caliper mounts (They are made for a 3"axle tube)

This is on a Dodge 8 3/4 rear end. It basically the same as the small bearing Ford 9". The only problem I had was with the brake caliper brackets. I had to modify them to work on the dodge rear end because the axle tube is 3 1/4" at the flange.

I haven't had a chance to run the set up yet so I can't tell you how well it works, but I have about $300 into it so far. I haven't bought new lines, master cylinder, or the prop valve yet either. There is no interference with my 15x8 4.5 BS Rallys.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts