Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used these rear disc brake conversion for a nine in. Ford that have the single caliper ? Don't know if they would have enough braking power. Any insights would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I see several rear disc brake conversions that use a single piston caliper that were used on some full size cars with an E-brake built in like Summit and Speedway. I haven't bought one yet. I don't have a picture and it doesn't matter what offset I have. They sell them for different rear ends. All I wanted to know is if anyone has used one of these kits and how they work for them.

·
Registered
558 Posts
I see several rear disc brake conversions that use a single piston caliper that were used on some full size cars with an E-brake built in like Summit and Speedway. I haven't bought one yet. I don't have a picture and it doesn't matter what offset I have. They sell them for different rear ends. All I wanted to know is if anyone has used one of these kits and how they work for them.
oh.... my post wasnt meant to upset or offend... just wasnt sure if you were talking about a specific kit... and wasnt sure if you posted a pic, as i have been having issues with pics ive posted not working...

as far as the offset, it sort of mattered to me, because i took an explorer rear brake setup off of my 8.8 rear end build and didnt intend to use it, as im going with a wilwood setup... there are different offsets and housing ends... no biggie on that one...

as far as experience with brakes and 9"... most of my experience has been with 4 piston setups... though several friends have used the explorer style set ups with little complaint, especially for the price...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
oh.... my post wasnt meant to upset or offend... just wasnt sure if you were talking about a specific kit... and wasnt sure if you posted a pic, as i have been having issues with pics ive posted not working...

as far as the offset, it sort of mattered to me, because i took an explorer rear brake setup off of my 8.8 rear end build and didnt intend to use it, as im going with a wilwood setup... there are different offsets and housing ends... no biggie on that one...

as far as experience with brakes and 9"... most of my experience has been with 4 piston setups... though several friends have used the explorer style set ups with little complaint, especially for the price...
Thanks for the reply, I'm not offended.

·
Registered
1969 Nova . . 2dr . . Chino Valley,Az USA
4,753 Posts
Not too " Hi-jack this thread" . . . . . LSCustom - - -(or anybody) , maybe try this for
"Posting Pictures onto SNS" .
very easy too do ( for, sure - - - I'm not very good @ computors , but works great here on SNS , since
the change over.

Look down at the "icons below" :

# 1 - - the paper clip
# 2 - - the chain links
# 3 - - the smiley face

# 4 - - that's the camera ……………. so, click on that 'camera icon' = find your picture = (either
from u'r desktop , folder , FB , or where ever ) . . . . .
I , generally find my pic - copy onto my desktop - or use my pictures on my 'Flickr.com page' . I have even found photos on FB , and posted here on SNS. (and, I don't even do FB ) .

Anyway, "Find the Picture you need / want too post-up" . . . . . . Click on the Camera icon 1st - -
then, it says "drag & drop" your picture here .
Very easy - peasy . . . . 'git-er-done' . . . . . .

I hope this may help you (or anyone) too post up pictures with your Post , Here on SNS .
You can post several pictures into 'one post' (which - I number each of my pic's . . . in case
someone has any questions ; we get on the same item) .

it works good ……………. jim

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
I’m not sure of their origins but I’ve heard some mention of an old Cadillac setup.. I cannot confirm or deny the reference..

The ones pictured were on a 72 Chevelle Chassis I had and clearly they were not original to it.. It was an aftermarket disc brake kit.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts