Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve checked Nova Resourses but can’t seem to find this SN #. I was told the rear end is from a ‘67 Nova with posi trac. Can anyone help me out?
Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
366 Posts
Just looked up the serial number on google and this is an answer somebody posted.

This number is stamped on the axle housing of a rear differential from an 87 Grand National 14075742. Can anybody out there tell what it means. I've done a parts search and come up empty. I also need to know what to look for when buying an 8.5 rear end.
Thanks

·
3,887 Posts
That is more than likely the origin of that rear end. You can see where the upper control arm mounts have been cut off the center section.

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
The 8.5 rear ends are pretty good rear end and can be made to be as strong as a 12 bolt.:yes:

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Guys, thx for the replies. I’m still stumped cuz the rear end measures 57.75 “

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for helping me try and to unravel my diff mystery.

So today I tried to install the posi rear end myself and found out what comes out easy doesn’t mean it goes back in easily. Lol

Is there a process to install the rear diff? Do the front bolts for the mono leaf get bolted in 1st, or does it matter.

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
looks like you got it in. that had to be a cold install, with snow on the drive way.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts