Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm helping my son with a 62 sedan project. We harvested some great sheet metal and bracing from a 65 4-door donor and as we are deciding where and what section of panels to cut to repair the trunk pan area we realized something just didn't look correct. Does anyone have a picture, image, etc. of what the rear panel on a 62 sedan (where the rear bumper mounts) look like? It would help to have a couple views if anyone has a work in progress. Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
13,649 Posts
That section is not available aftrmarket. There is a member in our club who has a few 1st gen parts cars and should have that area available. If you wish, I can get you his phone # (he does not do the internet) then it's between you and him.

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
Here is my hack job. I had it all removed for the 4-link install and had to make some new mounting.

What I did is lift the bumper with its stock brackets on and some 1x2" heavy wall tubing bolted up to the brackets a lil larger than the area they were going in. Then trimmed away the tubing to where it would fit. And while the bumper was supported at the correct position for appearances (might be a lil tucked in from stock, but the correct body alignment) I tacked the bar in and built off of that. Additional cross bars tying it the the frame and quarter.. Im hoping it will work :) JR

In the raw

Bumper mounts done..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts