Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is it possible to for the rear bumper to be put on wrong? after my car was painted and everything the shop put the bumper back on but i never noticed it was on wrong? i thought all the screws and such would go on like a glove and fit perfect but its off, i cant remove the taillights because the bumper is slanted and same goes when i try and fill up gas the nozzle wont go in cause the bumper is to high up..is it the bumper that's messed up or was placed wrong? im going to replace it anyways im just wondering is there a wrong way to put it back on, the bumper is a little dented as well in the middle so not sure of thats it?

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
The best way to find out is get under the car, and loosen the bumper bracket bolts. Then try moving the bumper down some. The holes on the brackets may have become worn out and elongated so now there is adjustment up and down.

·
Registered
11,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The best way to find out is get under the car, and loosen the bumper bracket bolts. Then try moving the bumper down some. The holes on the brackets may have become worn out and elongated so now there is adjustment up and down.
mmm its the original bumper and it is a little dinged up, ive been looking to replace it anyway

1 - 3 of 3 Posts