Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I have been having some fun with the brakes in the rear of my '72. It seems that the distribution block and flex hose mounted to the differential has a leak in it.(crack) I called my local Napa store and they said they didn't have anything for that old of a car. A couple other auto part stores pretty much said the same thing, does anyone have a link to find one of these brake hoses? Thanks for the help guys!! JD

·
Registered
577 Posts
rear brake hose for '72 nova is listed as

Raybestos p/n: BH36586
Wagner p/n: F71374
Dorman p/n :H71374

These stores should have had a listing for this part as it is not at all uncommon.

Dan

·
Registered
23 Posts
Just have to find the right counterman....

Brake Hose - Rear
Product Line: NAPA ULTRA PREMIUM BRAKE PARTS
Comments: Center
Per Car Qty.: 1
Select To Compare UP 36586

·
Premium Member
3,817 Posts
Just have to find the right counterman....

Brake Hose - Rear
Product Line: NAPA ULTRA PREMIUM BRAKE PARTS
Comments: Center
Per Car Qty.: 1
Select To Compare UP 36586

I am positive that I bought one at NAPA for my son's 68.
As said above, just find the right counterman.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
When I tryed to find one for my 66 I ended going to Worldwide (now Carquest) and they had all there Dorman hoses on a shelf, I just looked through till I found the one I needed.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Your local store may not stock it, but they can surely get it the next day (or maybe two days) from the warehouse. I wouldn't be surprised if that hose is common across a variety of models/years.

If I can still get parts for a '62 Biscayne from NAPA, parts for a 3rd Gen Nova should be even more likely to be available. ;)

·
Premium Member
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yep, find the right counterman...I called another store and he set me right up. Thanks fellas!! You rock!!

·
Premium Member
2,014 Posts
O'Reilleys had mine on the shelf for under $10.

·
Premium Member
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
And now for the follow up, not only was the flex hose bad on the car but the brake line all the way to the prop valve was rotten...shoulda replaced it when I started with these rear brakes!!! Chalk up another opps from the rookie. :rolleyes:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts