Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
But it's from an L79 automatic SS!
Yeah, I'd be a millionaire too, if I could only find buyers willing to pay a fair price for my stuff.

·
Vendor
1,728 Posts
A lot of the super high priced stuff does not sell. I am on eBay hours each day and I see this stuff sit there month after month. eBay now takes stuff down after a certain period if it does not sell.

One seller's method, especially if they are not 100% sure of what they have, is throw it up for a lot and see what happens. Often people will message saying, "hey will you take $XYZ?" and that is how it sells. Price fishing.

Another scenario is some new Nova person sees that, needs it, and pays the premium as they do not know what things are worth and did not bother to dig around. Still surprises me how little people hunt around online for parts sources these days.

Nice console though...

·
Registered
878 Posts
SouthBay, interesting and informative post.....good stuff to know.
What about when you see a "$10 oil filter" for $800 bucks, what's going on then?

·
Vendor
1,728 Posts

·
Vendor
1,728 Posts
SouthBay, interesting and informative post.....good stuff to know.
What about when you see a "$10 oil filter" for $800 bucks, what's going on then?
I would say either their auto listing app screwed up or they are fishing for someone to buy it not paying attention to the price. Put it up for stupid money and see if someone buys it. Price is certainly subjective.

Another "trick" is to price something absurdly high, because you actually do not want it to sell. This can be for stock reasons or the listing is for a specific person and you drop the price when they find it. I have done both.

Also, search engines and price scraper apps pick up well written eBay auctions or ones with certain key words. Listing items solely for advertising is an old method.

There is a whole undercurrent of stuff that goes on with eBay.

Reactions: Alf

·
Registered
855 Posts
The 64,000 dollar question is, is there anything that proves this is from a L79 car or is it the same parts as a regular SS car. I have a 66 with everything shown so maybe my cars parts are worth a grand or so also. I don't see anything stating there is proof it is from a L79 car. We all know there are a lot more L79's running around now than there were in 1966 or 1967.

·
13,622 Posts
There were no automatic transmissions in L79 Chevy IIs, so the $64K won't be awarded.

Bob

·
13,622 Posts
So, I guess my parts aren't worth the monies either.😁
Decent 1966 or 67 consoles and related components are in fairly high demand. Bases that aren't broken and top plates with minimal pitting can generate
good money. As for L79s, the 4 speed interiors have nothing that is L79 specific. You see knee knocker tachs advertised all the time as 'L79 tachs'. In
reality, they were dealer installs for any V/8 Chevy II.

Bob

1 - 13 of 13 Posts