Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a cpp disc brake kit on my car and today when i pulled the car out of the garage i heard a pop and then a metal noise and then it felt as if my front left wheel had locked up, i shut my car off to see what had happend and upon inspection i noticed that one of the bolts that hold the caliper bracket to the spindle had broke, i was really upset but i thanked god that it didnt happen while i was drivein at speed on a main road, i could have totaled my car or worse killed my self or some one. I called cpp customer service to let them know what happend to my kit, and was put on hold for a very long time, finnaly when someone answered they were very rude and disrespectful and wouldnt even offer to replace a broken bolt. I am very upset with cpp and there lack of respect and quality of parts

·
Premium Member
1,494 Posts
This is starting to sound all too familiar. Ive personally noticed some inferior parts coming from CPP. I will NOT purchase anymore items from them.

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
I'm just curious did you torque the bolts to the spcified value in the instructions? I wonder what grade bolts they putting in the kits? RICK

·
Registered
8,013 Posts
I called cpp customer service to let them know what happend to my kit, and was put on hold for a very long time, finnaly when someone answered they were very rude and disrespectful and wouldnt even offer to replace a broken bolt. I am very upset with cpp and there lack of respect and quality of parts
Yep, number one in customer service in my book! :rolleyes:

Your not the only person to have issues with CPP. Al
:no: :no: :no:

This is starting to sound all too familiar. Ive personally noticed some inferior parts coming from CPP. I will NOT purchase anymore items from them.
:yes: :no: :no:

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm just curious did you torque the bolts to the spcified value in the instructions? I wonder what grade bolts they putting in the kits? RICK
No instructions were given to me when i recieved the parts, at that time i had called asking for instructions and was told to find them on there website. All bolts were torq'd to spec. One thing is for shure is that ill never buy from them again

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
Wow no instructions for complete brake kit? I wonder if CPP does any R&D or if they just let the cutomer install their parts and if fails too bad. Looks to me like someone is going to get hurt if this is the case. RICK

·
Vendor
7,085 Posts
If its in the vendor area it will just be deleted as in the past, been there done that,a lot of good information was lost.Contact Jeff at CPP he seems to care enough to try to keep things right.I do agree with all the commets above though as I have been there myself with them.:eek:

·
Premium Member
4,125 Posts
When I bought my lower control arm kit from CPP, the bolts were marked as grade 8, but when three of them broke, it was obvious that they were cheap Chinese copies. I replaced everything with known good US made grade 8 bolts.

I bought my kit in 2006, so I would expect that CPP would have addressed this issue by now!

I like their products but the bolt issue is bringing them down.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You may want to direct your rant at CPP on their vendor channel. This way they can reply and perhaps compensate you for the inferior product that they apparently sold you.

John
I spoke with them directly and they showed no sign of compasion and were very rude and sarcastic. They did not seem to care for the safety of there customers

·
Registered
8,013 Posts
Does anybody know how does a "Class Action" work?

I believe it must involve more than 1 complaint from more than one person.

If this is the case, count me in! :yes:

·
Super Moderator
12,001 Posts
Does anybody know how does a "Class Action" work?

I believe it must involve more than 1 complaint from more than one person.

If this is the case, count me in! :yes:
There would have to be a lot of money to be won for a lawyer to consider starting one. And if one does the customer sees very little of the proceeds if the case is won.

·
Registered
8,013 Posts
There would have to be a lot of money to be won for a lawyer to consider starting one. And if one does the customer sees very little of the proceeds if the case is won.
Yea, I forgot about that Evil Bay lawsuit. I got about $20.00 out of that. But then, it did make them clean up their act.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Wow..Iam glad to see this now, I WAS going to buy a 4 wheel disk set up from CPP but I think Iam going to look else where !!!

1 - 20 of 112 Posts