Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day all!

I recently got my 77 back on the road (about time too!), mostly due to the crappy weather we've been having, but also due to the severe axle hop I was getting. I'm not a fan of repairing things just because, so I bought some Competition Engineering Slide-A-Links and some solid aluminum lowering blocks.

So far, I am incredibly impressed with these traction bars!! When I was assembling them, I ran into some issues, but I was able to make things work. I still have a bit of fine tuning to do, as they still hop just a tad (approx 1/8" of slack). It says to leave 1/8" to 1/4" for the street, but is there any harm done it tightening them up to a zero preload for the street? Other than that, I just cant believe how my car scoots now!

I was wondering if anyone has had these on their street driven car for a while? How have they stood up? Anything anyone doesn't like about them? Thanks!!

Kent

·
Registered
48 Posts
I think these are like the Cal tracs. I have mine pre-loaded a quarter turn for the street. Some people like to put a piece of garden hose or other rubber on the bar to muffle some of the noise.

·
Registered
508 Posts
we run some on a 68 camaro with a 468 BBC and a 175 HIT of N2O on the street the car hooks solid on everything out of the hole. we set them up with the driver in the car and use a nickel on the driver side to set the laod and a dime on the pass. side. this is were we found they work the best. the car runs 10,30's at the track and just as good on the street. good luck.

·
Premium Member
15,966 Posts
I leave mine preloaded while driving.

Makes for a stiff ride, but no issues. They even work better on the street.

AL

1 - 4 of 4 Posts