Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see someone renewed a post from ages ago regarding mouse protection on stored vehicles.

So, spend a couple of bucks on a Car Bag. Here's a link to their website: http://www.carbag.com/

Yep, you drive or roll it in, and zip it up. This has to be used in an enclosed building as the bag does not survive outside. I've used a carbag since 1990 for storing my Corvette (sold), my Novas and my '55 Chevy(s). The cars have been stored in mouse infested dairy barns, and farm buildings on both dirt floors and concrete floors. I have never had a mouse enter a bag. Should a mouse enter the bag it will die. The car's gas tank off gases and fills the bag with fumes that will kill. The Car Bag includes reuseable desiccant bags to keep your car dry while inside the bag.

The bags are very sturdy and reuseable. I always add a drip pan or something under the engine/trans. But, if something leaks you can wipe it off of the bag, and I've even washed a bag with Dawn dish soap and water. My current bags are five years old and should last me for a very long time. I take care not to abuse them, or let something sharp get close to them.

The Car Bag is reasonably priced and well worth the cost to protect your valued Nova. Give them a call...they are nice people. Nope, I'm not on commission, just passing on information about a fantastic product that was designed and sold by really nice people from Michigan.

·
Registered
5,681 Posts
Wow, Thank you for passing it to us....:yes:

One way to Keep Dust out and everything else ....

Wonder if it would float, if it would hold a cars weight and for how long....

·
Banned
26,231 Posts
the comment about fuel fumes in the bag...

wouldn't that make your interior smell the smelly smell of something that smells smelly? ;)

·
Premium Member
2,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the comment about fuel fumes in the bag...

wouldn't that make your interior smell the smelly smell of something that smells smelly? ;)
Ok Flyer...that's a tongue twister. Can ya say it fast three times? She sells sea shells by the...:D

Initially, when you pull the car out of the bag, there will be an odor. It goes away quickly. Just take it out for a little drive with all of the windows down. Heck, there would probably be an odor of something smelly left under the seat anyway, but the fuel odor goes quickly. Now, go buy one and tuck your baby away for the winter. Mine will be tucked away on Sunday afternoon.

BTW, when you pull your car out in the spring all you need to do is make sure the interior of the bag is dry and then just fold it up like a blanket and put it some place safe from potential rips and tears.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts