Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
I sent him a message. It would be a nice car to astart with if it is a real BB car, but with no engine, transmission, and a 10 bolt in the car, he'd have to have the build sheet or original window sticker to really prove it. We'll see what he says. Other wise it's just a factory V8 car with a stick. If it's got the dual exhaust hanger on the driver side and disc brakes, it could of been a SS 350 car also.

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
I just heard back from this seller. There's no documentation for this car, so...buyer beware?

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
If anyone here is interested in the car, we can show you what to look for to possibly tell if it was a BB car, although we cannot be 100% without paper work we can be pretty sure. You will have to wrench on the car a bit to know.

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
How can you tell without either paperwork or an engine block? Everything else that would point to a BB car could be changed. The fuel tank sending unit, fuel lines, heater core and box, frame mounts, transmission crossmember, springs, it's all available. And since it's all the same as a Camaro, all the parts have been available in the wrecking yards since the 60's. The onky thing I can think of, that most people wouldn' bother with, is to lok for a disc brake subframe and driverside exhaust hanger to narrow down the possibility of it being a SS car, but which one?

·
Premium Member
7,409 Posts
Heres the videos, he had more on U tube than he linked to and one of his guitar videos he shows a large poster of the car. Looks like all the videos have been on utube for a couple of years. Neat car, if I owned it I would restore it back to its day 2 race trim with the same paint job. This guy is awesome on the guitar by the way....

Nova 1

Nova 2

Nova 3

Nova 4

Nova 5

Tommy :)

·
Premium Member
1,283 Posts
Without Doc's or any drivetrain, There is no real way of knowing if it was a real Big Block car. All parts are or should I say where avail. to convert to look like a Big Block car. Drivers side exhaust hanger is on the smallblock SS cars as well and the disc brakes are also on smallblock SS cars.

·
Premium Member
1,342 Posts
I love the paint scheme on it. Looks awesome :D

·
Premium Member
1,035 Posts
Without Doc's or any drivetrain, There is no real way of knowing if it was a real Big Block car. All parts are or should I say where avail. to convert to look like a Big Block car. Drivers side exhaust hanger is on the smallblock SS cars as well and the disc brakes are also on smallblock SS cars.
Thats all true, but if you can see the car before its been restored it really dosent take a brain scientist to figure out if it is a real big block. :yes:

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
Thats all true, but if you can see the car before its been restored it really dosent take a brain scientist to figure out if it is a real big block. :yes:
But what if everything for a bb car was swapped into it back in the 80's during the first musclr car craze? Then everything would be aged and appear as original.

·
Premium Member
1,283 Posts
But what if everything for a bb car was swapped into it back in the 80's during the first musclr car craze? Then everything would be aged and appear as original.
Thats exactly what I am saying. Its not like the car is in its original form. It has been redone at some point in its life.

·
Premium Member
1,035 Posts

I was changing and putting big blocks in cars as far back as the sixties, back then it wasn't like it is now we just wanted to get the engine in the car and go like the wind. If it had to be changed then we would change it. It just wasn't like it is now everybody trying to rip someone off by making a car what its not. It is a shame before we just wanted to go fast, now some people are just trying to make a fast buck. OH well such as life. :(

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
I was changing and putting big blocks in cars as far back as the sixties, back then it wasn't like it is now we just wanted to get the engine in the car and go like the wind. If it had to be changed then we would change it. It just wasn't like it is now everybody trying to rip someone off by making a car what its not. It is a shame before we just wanted to go fast, now some people are just trying to make a fast buck. OH well such as life. :(
For the most part, back in the day, no one did it as we do now, to make certain it's 100% accurate,as mentioned. If this car is unrestored, as it looks to be, the heater core will be a 69 dated Harris and if you check the speed nuts to see that they've never been undone, there's one item and with a welded exhaust plate that would be pretty good indicator it's a BB SS. I don't always want to disclose some info I have on true BB cars, it helps to prevent cloning!:yes: If there's one thing that real hard to fake it's patina, I agree buyer beware, but if you know what to look for, this good be a diamond in the rough.:)

Just so everyone is aware, from my knowledge disc brakes were only a mandatory option for BB cars in 69 not the SB SS, plus you could order any 69 with power disc.

·
Premium Member
1,035 Posts
For the most part, back in the day, no one did it as we do now, to make certain it's 100% accurate,as mentioned. If this car is unrestored, as it looks to be, the heater core will be a 69 dated Harris and if you check the speed nuts to see that they've never been undone, there's one item and with a welded exhaust plate that would be pretty good indicator it's a BB SS. I don't always want to disclose some info I have on true BB cars, it helps to prevent cloning!:yes: If there's one thing that real hard to fake it's patina, I agree buyer beware, but if you know what to look for, this good be a diamond in the rough.:)

Just so everyone is aware, from my knowledge disc brakes were only a mandatory option for BB cars in 69 not the SB SS, plus you could order any 69 with power disc.
Hey taz3, Couldn't have said it better myself HAHA, how have you been doing ? I am getting my engine back together now the machine work is done.

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
Hey taz3, Couldn't have said it better myself HAHA, how have you been doing ? I am getting my engine back together now the machine work is done.
I'm doing well, keeping busy with Jr's race car, One of my engines is in getting the machine work done!:yes:

OK back to our regularly scheduled program!:eek::rolleyes::D

·
Registered
418 Posts
Real deal bb nova?

Is it me or does it seem fishy that he doesn't list the true VIN.....its the body tag #'s that he quotes..(VIN#11427WRN445021 ) Now, anyone with half a brain would know the difference between the two. May not have a VIN tag altogether...Hmmmm :no:

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
Is it me or does it seem fishy that he doesn't list the true VIN.....its the body tag #'s that he quotes..(VIN#11427WRN445021 ) Now, anyone with half a brain would know the difference between the two. May not have a VIN tag altogether...Hmmmm :no:
You'd be surprised, many folks panic when they realize they don't match, until they learn why!:yes:

·
Premium Member
7,409 Posts
He just typed the wrong numbers and couldn't change that part of his listing. I spoke with him last nite. he has the correct VIN listed in his ad. Nice guy :cool:.

Tommy :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
69 BB Nova

BTW I have more than a half a brain, I made a mistake, thats all, I'm the selling the nova on Ebay, Nothing fishy here my man.... sorry, not perfect.....

1 - 20 of 28 Posts