·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Looks like you are ready to rock and roll!:cool:

Good luck tonight.

·
Premium Member
6,853 Posts
I'm going to Union Grove Wisconsin to race my car against the Yenkos on Friday. We have the place rented out from 11-5. I am hoping for good weather also.

·
Premium Member
13,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The good: The rain stayed away tonight.

The bad: I spun like crazy every pass tonight :rolleyes:

The only changes since last weekend are the aluminum drums , new plugs, 1/4 tank of fuel (had 1/2 tank before).

I couldn't hook for the life of me. I tried 0 preload, 1.5 turns of preload, more tire pressure, less tire pressure, etc. There were only about 15 slick cars there tonight and the rest were street cars. I didn't see them spray any VHT down at all tonight either. Maybe that was part of the problem...not sure.

Pathetic 60fts ranged from 1.79 - 1.84 and the MPH was still up around 105-106 though. Could removing 4lbs of unsprung weight per axle cause me to spin so bad now????

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Premium Member
13,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
362 Posts
Dave, the fact that the track wasn't being prep could be the whole issue. I went a few weeks back on a Friday night, lost about 1/2 second. Came back the following Saturday and I was right where I expected.

My Super comp buddy always tells me, then reinforces that you don't make changes or tune based on a bad outting, only on a good one. Meaning don't chase things that aren't there, exspecially when you know the track wasn't up to speed.

I ran Monroe gas shocks then converted to Comp Eng. drg shocks in the rear, saw no diff. The combination change that you made, very minor, should not have caused massive wheelspin, the poor track surface would.

·
Premium Member
2,354 Posts
Don't change a thing. First time out in my 69 Chevelle I had I went to the local track on a wednesday night. Car was all over the track. Went a 12.01. I was kind of happy. Went to Norwalk on a saturday night with no changes. Went 11.51 straight down the track. It felt like a different car. Give the track a chance. PRP will have it right on saturday. Dave

·
Premium Member
13,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
nova10sec said:
Dave, the fact that the track wasn't being prep could be the whole issue. I went a few weeks back on a Friday night, lost about 1/2 second. Came back the following Saturday and I was right where I expected.

My Super comp buddy always tells me, then reinforces that you don't make changes or tune based on a bad outting, only on a good one. Meaning don't chase things that aren't there, exspecially when you know the track wasn't up to speed.

I ran Monroe gas shocks then converted to Comp Eng. drg shocks in the rear, saw no diff. The combination change that you made, very minor, should not have caused massive wheelspin, the poor track surface would.
It's just aggravating to say the least. You spend $20 to TnT, but how can you TnT when they don't prep the track :rolleyes:

I don't like how my plugs look...definitely too rich on the low-end. The timing looks perfect though according to what the ground strap is reading. I may need to change to hotter plugs....food for thought.

·
Premium Member
11,208 Posts
T&T nights are always questionable here at Shadyside or Greer. They just open and let the kids have fun. Street tires carry dirt and dust in the treads so the line can't be prepped well if at all plus they also drag water all over. When we go to t T&T, I tighten the seat belts, put the window net up, and hope it goes straight.......LOL. If the engine ran as expected I'd be happy and just go to the races with it. It should be much better on a prepped track with no street cars. JMHO, RM

·
Premium Member
4,613 Posts
Dave- ever consider rear airshocks? LOL:D Oh gawd- I know I'll get a spankin from you guys for that one ! It's tough when you go to a TnT high high hopes only to take a couple steps in the wrong direction. But in the end, it'a all fun or else we would not be doing it. Right? Better luck on the next outing. May be they'll get the hint if you step out of your car in the water box with a Hudson Sprayer full of VHT and spray down your own lane ?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts