Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its been a little over a year and alot of late nights at the shop and shes finally ready for a little paint. Can't wait to see it in paint!:D

·
Registered
903 Posts
Looking good. I know the next step is the most exciting.. getting to see the payoff for all the hard work.

If you don't mind me asking, can you give me some details on the front supports you've got? They look like you've made them yourself (and look very functional), so I was hoping you'd share the details so I can make a set myself.

Mike

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looking good. I know the next step is the most exciting.. getting to see the payoff for all the hard work.

If you don't mind me asking, can you give me some details on the front supports you've got? They look like you've made them yourself (and look very functional), so I was hoping you'd share the details so I can make a set myself.

Mike
Hey Hey Hey!!!
Go to the local Home Depot, Menards or whatever and pick up some square tubing, aw about 2 feet and cut it to size. Grab some steel casters and some big washers to weld onto the square tubing with holes. You will have about 30 bucks into it all said and done. Also use the inside holes closest to the trans tunnel when u put the unit onto the car. I centered the casters and welded them on and make sure to get some big washers to weld onto the tubing for strength so when you put the bolts through the tubing doesnt collapse. I used two bolts on mine but you could use four if you want.
Good Luck!
Travis

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looking good! Have fun sanding:devil:
Hopefully we can lay out a clean paint job, I hate wet sanding and buffing:mad: Ive done too many times over the years.
I will post some pics this weekend!

·
Registered
903 Posts
Hey Hey Hey!!!
Go to the local Home Depot, Menards or whatever and pick up some square tubing, aw about 2 feet and cut it to size. Grab some steel casters and some big washers to weld onto the square tubing with holes. You will have about 30 bucks into it all said and done. Also use the inside holes closest to the trans tunnel when u put the unit onto the car. I centered the casters and welded them on and make sure to get some big washers to weld onto the tubing for strength so when you put the bolts through the tubing doesnt collapse. I used two bolts on mine but you could use four if you want.
Good Luck!
Travis
Thanks.. Seems easy enough. It looked like you had some additional metal coming down from the firewall that the square tubing bolted to.

Just curious.. what gauge steel tubing did you use?

Mike

·
Registered
879 Posts
Check out the build on the nova projects section---shows some color there...to bad it isn`t orange:devil: LOL............."Dad"

1 - 10 of 10 Posts