Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the lights/regulator harness off of my 1970. It is the outboard half of the main bulkhead at the firewall. I was wondering if anybody has re-wired any of their harnesses one wire at a time? I realize it would be expensive buying all of the different coils of wire gauges and colors. Probably more trouble/expense than buying a pre-made harness? Any thoughts or advice?:confused:
Thanks.

A

·
0 Posts
Personally, I'd go with a new harness.
I plan on installing both the front wiring harness' (firewall forward).......for the price I think you'd be miles ahead.

·
Premium Member
1,562 Posts
I have worked on those Harnesses and they are easy.
The good thing about doing them yourself is you can make them what you want.One Wire alt?
Joe

·
Premium Member
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My car doesn't have a motor yet, but I think the harness has a plug for the alternator with two wires. Is that what you are asking? I'm not too strong on wiring (yet).

·
Premium Member
6,852 Posts
Hi Dave,
Consider these guys for easy answers to your wiring questions. I'm sure they can help. I have bought a few things from them and am happy with the products and service. They're close to us also. http://www.lectriclimited.com

·
Premium Member
1,562 Posts
Dave,
You are Correct your Car is Wired for a External Regulator.I meant sometimes when doing the Light Harness I switch to a One wire internal regulator.I would not do it to anything I was putting back Original.
Of course it is easier to buy a new Harness and plug it in.
Joe

1 - 6 of 6 Posts