Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, Say you have a car that runs a particular ET somewhat consistently in 80 degree weather and 60% relative humidity.

If the tempature goes up to 90 degrees and the humidity stays the same, what tuning changes would you make to re-optimize?

If the tempature stays the same and the humidity goes up to 80%, what tuning changes would you make to re-optimize?

If the tempature goes up to 90 degrees AND the humidity goes up to 80%, what tuning changes would you make to re-optimize?

If you properly re-optimize the tune, will the car still run the same ET, or can you only minimize the amount it slows down?

All questions assume that you started out with a "street car" or "super stock" type of car, that you had no traction problem, that you were running at the same track, and that the only variables would be jets, carb adjustments, and timing or other "non-internal" adjustments.

I understand that all vehicles woudl be different, but I am trying to get a feel for the magnitude of changes one (that knows what they are doing) might actually make. How many degrees of timing to add or remove, how many steps to go up or down in the jets, etc.

·
Premium Member
11,072 Posts
When it gets hot and ugly, try taking it down a couple jet sizes and add a couple degrees--I don't think you'll ever make it run as good as a cool day, but you can get it too feel a little less sluggish. I rarely change anything, just change your dial-in to whatever it'll run in those conditions. I hear alcohol racers notice much less change with temps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts