Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '72 and I put a sb 350 in it, however the hei dist. don't fit...firewall is in the way. I remember reading a post about this awhile ago but I can't remember what the fix was....beat it back or what. I was thinking of cutting out a small block out and fabbing a new indented piece in its place. What to do? stinger

·
Premium Member
13,245 Posts
stinger670 said:
I have a '72 and I put a sb 350 in it, however the hei dist. don't fit...firewall is in the way. I remember reading a post about this awhile ago but I can't remember what the fix was....beat it back or what. I was thinking of cutting out a small block out and fabbing a new indented piece in its place. What to do? stinger
A small body HEI may fit without "customizing" the firewall.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Premium Member
6,853 Posts
Maybe a large, soft-faced, rubber mallet would not make it too butchered looking. Just watch the back swings so you don't wack anything you don't want to like a carb stud.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Alot depends on the motor and trans mounts.some cars will take hei without a problem and others with bad or the wrong hight mount will not.if a trans mount is bad and smashed the engine will sit closer to the firewall.

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
1975ssnova said:
Alot depends on the motor and trans mounts.some cars will take hei without a problem and others with bad or the wrong hight mount will not.if a trans mount is bad and smashed the engine will sit closer to the firewall.
I agree, but never did even think of that before. A little at the trans mount could mean alot at the motor. Great comment.

·
Premium Member
1,925 Posts
Are you trying to install it with the cap on?
I can only install mine with the cap off, but the cap will fit on once the distributor is in place.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts