Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Looks great, I did the LED headlight/Turn signal integrated ones.

·
13,708 Posts
if you really want to turn heads, get a '67 Acadian grill/light setup. Not easy to find, but nobody else will have one at your local show 'n shines :).

Bob

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did a 12" led on each side at the bottom of the grill using some aluminum l bracket from homedepot. I drilled holes for the lights to show through.
Just a thought. When you welded up the bumper you took away air to the radiator. Notice the difference between the 1st gen and the second gen bumpers. Every 1st gen I had had some heating problems. 2nd gen cars I had had no heating problems. You look at most new cars on the road they have slots near the lower parts of the car for cooling. Just a thought. Good luck.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I did a 12" led on each side at the bottom of the grill using some aluminum l bracket from homedepot. I drilled holes for the lights to show through.
Just a thought. When you welded up the bumper you took away air to the radiator. Notice the difference between the 1st gen and the second gen bumpers. Every 1st gen I had had some heating problems. 2nd gen cars I had had no heating problems. You look at most new cars on the road they have slots near the lower parts of the car for cooling. Just a thought. Good luck.
The only time I see the temp gauge climb is when it's sitting idle. Cruising and under wot i don't have any issues with it getting hot. I have a 180 degree thermostat, 17" mechanical fan and a shroud. The temp will sit around 180-185 moving and I've seen the guage get around 210 idling when the temps are 95+ outside.

·
Premium Member
2,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Take a look at the years after 65 in all chevy's. The grill is open down there. Just saying there must be a reason other than styling.
Here is what I did

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
In my build, I have them in the Headlights now, sorry no pics.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts