Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I registered some time ago but, haven't participated much. Hope to change that. My '70 Nova is a documented SS purchased new in the Baton Rouge, LA area in May of 1970. Original vinyl top, interior and 14" Rallye wheels with beauty rings. Though it is all matching #'s I er, um...have tweaked the original 350 a tad. Bored over 0.030. Dart Iron Eagle heads, Spartan Flat Top pistons, mild cam, MSD Ignition, Edelbrock Intake (Original Rochester Q-J 4 BBL), etc. New paint this past fall.

Still have the original manual with hand written notes by 1st owner noting oil changes along with points / condenser every 3,00 miles. Plus, protect-o-plate.

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Very nice looking 70 SS with a great color combination. Bonus that you were able to get the protect-o-plate, documentation and some original owner notations!

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
Welcome to SNS . . . . with your very clean 70 Nova

later . . . . jim

ps . - - - click on your 'profile and enter u'r location .

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
welcome back to the nova site. that 70 is looking good with that fresh red paint. i also have dart iron eagle heads on my 327. enjoy the cruise.

·
Registered
5,087 Posts
I registered some time ago but, haven't participated much. Hope to change that. My '70 Nova is a documented SS purchased new in the Baton Rouge, LA area in May of 1970. Original vinyl top, interior and 14" Rallye wheels with beauty rings. Though it is all matching #'s I er, um...have tweaked the original 350 a tad. Bored over 0.030. Dart Iron Eagle heads, Spartan Flat Top pistons, mild cam, MSD Ignition, Edelbrock Intake (Original Rochester Q-J 4 BBL), etc. New paint this past fall.

Still have the original manual with hand written notes by 1st owner noting oil changes along with points / condenser every 3,00 miles. Plus, protect-o-plate.
Welcome back. Very nice looking ride. Does the engine look as good as the rest of it?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Very nice looking 70 SS with a great color combination. Bonus that you were able to get the protect-o-plate, documentation and some original owner notations!
I even have the original Bill Of Sale. Drive out price was $4,028.11 :).

The SS package, A/C, vinyl top, bucket seats and other accessories virtually doubled the price from the base 6 banger / 3-on the tree,

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Welcome back. Very nice looking ride. Does the engine look as good as the rest of it?
Not quite as clean but, working on it. I drive my cars and have no qualms taking off on a 200 mile round trip. So, keeping the engine bay as clean is a bit tougher. This Nova is a 2-time Hot Rod Power Tour car. 2013 & 2016 when it came threw Texas, Though, didn't Long Haul either of those runs. About 60% of each,

1 - 9 of 9 Posts