Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has any one attempted to re arch there own leaf springs.My question is my drivers side spring has a spot about 8 to 10 inches behind the front spring eye that is not arched like the passenger side and the drivers side of the car sits a little lower. Maybe someone tryed to jack the car there or got damaged from something.I know they can re arch springs but how.I have an anvil and a shop press.It is a mono leaf

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
super_davecars said:
Has any one attempted to re arch there own leaf springs.My question is my drivers side spring has a spot about 8 to 10 inches behind the front spring eye that is not arched like the passenger side and the drivers side of the car sits a little lower. Maybe someone tryed to jack the car there or got damaged from something.I know they can re arch springs but how.I have an anvil and a shop press.It is a mono leaf
a couple of things; the guys are right, if you re-arch them they will sag back and the retempering is correct also to do it correct. although if they are original the metal has fatigue set in and the cost to retemper (if you can find someone that does it) will cost more than a new set of leafs. leaf sets are somewhat inexpensive.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts