Body/Exterior: Black

Front End: rebuilt

Transmission: rebuilt th350 w/ shift kit

Rear End: stock peg-leg

Exhaust: 2 1/2" with Flowmasters

Wheels/Tires: 15 x 7 steel w/ BFGs

Interior: Reproduction Deluxe Black

Electrical: stock

Accessories/Options: Full Custom Exterior pkg. w/ bumper guards and soft top... was plain jane new

Sound system: Flowmaster

Additional Comments: inherited family car since new. 76K miles now (2012), owned by me since 1993. Will never be sold (by me). Was a no option 6 cylinder Astro Blue car when new. Stripped to metal and painted red in 1993. Sanded down and repainted by me in 2012. ALL original sheetmetal on this car including floors and trunk...99% rust free!

Thanks for checking it out! :)

·
Registered
3,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the nice comments! This what the car looked like the first weekend I had it in 1993...

Then at the body shop later that year in bare metal...

And then this pic was probably taken around 95-96 sometime...

Hope its ok to post these here !

The car truly is like a member of the family... lotta car show memories for my kids...

Andy

·
Registered
20,109 Posts
Awesome car, but how dare you not to paint those hood hinges and springs.:D

·
Registered
3,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Awesome car, but how dare you not to paint those hood hinges and springs.:D
Ya I know, I know...:D I cant bring myself to do that because last time I painted a set, they would never operate smoothly again. :mad:

Since that pic, I have had them off the car (needed to tap out one of the bolt holes on the hood and adjust it), and I gave them a nice bath in WD40 and then wiped 'em down and reinstalled... They look much better now, but are still not painted...

Not really sure what to do with them...

Andy

·
Registered
20,109 Posts
Ya I know, I know...:D I cant bring myself to do that because last time I painted a set, they would never operate smoothly again. :mad:

Since that pic, I have had them off the car (needed to tap out one of the bolt holes on the hood and adjust it), and I gave them a nice bath in WD40 and then wiped 'em down and reinstalled... They look much better now, but are still not painted...

Not really sure what to do with them...

Andy
Just messing with you, beautiful car for sure. I painted mine on the 72 and have no problems with them.:yes:

·
Registered
3,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If I can do this in my garage, anybody with a garage can do it. My biggest expense was $500 for a good 220V air compressor and regulator. I used 2 guns from HF, the $35 "purple" HVLP and a $30 old style 1.8 primer gun.

Snapped a few pics this afternoon, it was getting dark but these turned out ok, a little grainy maybe, my camera isn't that great.

Andy

·
Registered
26,336 Posts
THAT IS A BAD RIDE MAN! I LIKE IT ALOT. BLACK IS HARD TO KEEP KLEAN, BUT IT LOOKS SO SWEET! IMO :yes:

·
Registered
3,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The Rat "gots new shoes"

First I experimented with a nice set of moon caps I had laying around. These are correct for 71 - 72 and maybe 3 and 4... not sure on that one.

I took the black steelies off and put them in the shop for a proper paintjob with real auto paint.

Then went back to the tried and true 15 x 7 Rallys that I already had mounted with different set of BFGs...cant really go wrong with these and I have 3 different styles of center caps and beauty rings for them...they have fresh paint so no rings for now...

I'm thinkin' I like the silver wheels against the black body, but how can you possibly go wrong with "Corvette" rallys?

Yes, I have alot of free time on my hands...lol :D

1 - 20 of 24 Posts