Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for what was called a Rat Trap Hood Scoop. Yep, I may be telling my age, but I can't find one! Does anybody know who makes one or maybe somebody has one or a hood with it? My car is a 63 if somebody has a hood!
Thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Funkynova, that looks a lot like what I remember to be the rat trap, but we mounted them with the opening to the front of the car. That's the closest thing I've seen yet to what I call the rat trap. It would certainly fit the bill for what I'm looking for. NICE car, by the way, sorry I didn't see yall during Myrtle Beach, I was selling (or trying to sell) some parts (Falcon and 67 Chevy truck) so I was not able to walk around at all, BUMMER!!!

JR, that looks like what I've always known as a snorkel, but that could work for me, too.

I have an Edelbrock street tunnel ram that I'll be using with stacks, so I need lots of height, and I like the idea of putting the opening to the front of the car.

Any thoughts as to the benefits or disadvantages of mounting the opening to the front or cowl?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts